Thursday, October 1, 2009

Funky

The last in this series of one line each - we're meeting again this saturday, so may have more to share with you after that!


My best friend sat on my bed chattering about homework, there’s one problem, she was dead.

I was shocked when she first came to me, it happened 3 days after the funeral.

“What the hell, I mean, what the life are you doing here?”

“Oh, you know, just hanging out, boring down at the cemetery, so it is” she brushed some muck off her shoulder.

I looked at her, confused.

I was glad she was there, especially lately.

She stepped out of the room, expecting me to follow.

I did, but only because I felt so angry. I had to yell at her, ask her why she wasn’t in heaven, was she in purgatory?

“I thought I’d have a holiday!”

“So, you decided to come and talk about homework? What kind of holiday is that?”

“A funky one”

“Funky !?”

No comments:

Post a Comment